Eight Degrees - Citra - single hop IPA - 5.7% ABV, 30l Keg (53 Pints)Regular price €175.00
Price Above is Keg Only - Vat Included
No Tap Included - Store Pickup
|Keg:||Steel 40.5 kg full
Diameter Ø 394mm Height 370mm
|Coupler:||S Type European / Sankey - Keg Coupler|
|Order By:||Wed 10am - If you miss this cut-off you STILL can order from Click & Collect Kegs|
Citra, with its fruity, juicy aroma and flavour, is one of our favourite hops. To showcase it, we’ve used a simple, yet elegant, malt body which puts Citra’s fabulous tropical flavours on display: think ripe lychee, passionfruit and guava. Sweet and tart, with a gloriously juicy mouthfeel.
Short description: single hop IPA – juicy – citrus bite
Style: single hop IPA
Hop: Citra – what else!
Malt: two row base Irish malt
Strength: 5.7% ABV
Bitterness: 62 IBUs
Tasting notes: Colour/appearance: pale orange colour, fluffy white head.
Aroma: full-on tropical fruit juice. The sweet top note is undercut with bitter aroma.
Flavour: those tropical fruits come through all the way in this luscious and full bodied beer. Enough malt backbone to let the passion fruit and guava flavours shine, balanced with strong, persistant orange pith bitterness. Both sweet and tart, with a gloriously juicy mouthfeel.
Aftertaste: full on bitterness with a decent citrus bite.
Food pairings: the bitterness will cut beautifully through sweet low-and-slow pulled pork served with spiced peach relish. This beer also will counterbalance the bold flavours of barbecued chicken wings and play nicely with some grilled spicy fresh Gubbeen chorizo sausages. Try it with a not-too-sweet Key Lime pie for a full-on citrus ending to your meal.
First launched: May 2016. Now part of our premium range.
Serving temperature: 8 degrees CelsiusBrewed by:
Eight Degrees Brewing, Unit 3, Coolnanave Industrial Park, Mitchelstown, Co Cork, Ireland.
- I am responsible to ensure my gas and beer system is balanced correctly.
- I am responsible to ensure my gas and beer system is leak free.
- I am responsible for technical mistakes I may make with equipment.
- Keg dispense requires specialist equipment, reading, learning and listening.
- I agree to report any fault with this item within 2 working days of purchase.
- I agree to make every effort to return the item for inspection within 5 working days if there is a fault.