Kozel - Lager - 4.0% ABV, 50l Keg (88 Pints)Regular price €250.00
Price Above is Keg Only - Vat Included
No Tap Included - Store Pickup
|Keg:||Steel 62.45 kg full
Diameter Ø 394mm Height 532mm
|Coupler:||S Type Keg Coupler|
|Order By:||Wed 10am - If you miss this cut-off you STILL can order from Click & Collect Kegs|
Velkopopovický Kozel is a Czech lager produced since 1874. When Franz Ringhoffer founded a brewery in Velké Popovice, a town 25 km (15 mi) southeast of Prague. Their symbol is a goat (Kozel means "male goat" in Czech).
The first historical mention of the brewery dates back to the 14th century. The brewery in Velke Popovice, as we know it today, has its origins in the 19th century.
After thirty years of socialism the brewery achieved independence in 1991 and in 1992 became a public limited company. In 2002, Kozel merged with the brewery Radegast and the Pilsner Urquell brewery conglomerate SABMiller.
The name Kozel and its emblem have their origins in the period after the First World War. At that time there was a lot of competition in brewing. Brewery founder Emanuel Ringhoffer realized that it was necessary to distinguish the brewery.
In the 1930s the owners tried to firm and consolidate the position of the brewery and to give it a more attractive image, so they brought a live goat to the brewery as an attraction. The Kozel brewery still has a live mascot and other attractions for visitors today.
- I am responsible to ensure my gas and beer system is balanced correctly.
- I am responsible to ensure my gas and beer system is leak free.
- I am responsible for technical mistakes I may make with equipment.
- Keg dispense requires specialist equipment, reading, learning and listening.
- I agree to report any fault with this item within 2 working days of purchase.
- I agree to make every effort to return the item for inspection within 5 working days if there is a fault.