Smithwick's - Ale - 3.8% ABVRegular price Sale price €155.00
Smithwick's - Ale - 3.8% ABV
3 Day Lead Time
We don't keep routine stock of this product at our depot.
It will be available for Store Pickup or Delivery 3 working days from time of order.
Please note - deliveries take place on a Thursday each week.
See what kegs are available today.
Date on Keg
30L - 12th March 2024 (Updated 18/01/24)
50L - 16th January 2024 (Updated 03/11/23)
30L - Steel 40.45 kg full
50L - Steel - 62.45 kg full
30L - Diameter Ø 394mm Height 370mm
50L - Diameter Ø 394mm Height 532mm
"Smithwicks is a clear beer with a rich ruby colour and a creamy head. It’s refreshing and clean with a gentle balance of bitter hops, sweet malty notes and a hint of roasted coffee.
Smithwick's was originally created as a special brew for the first Kilkenny Beer Festival. It was later renamed Smithwick's No. 1 but is known today as Smithwick's. Smithwicks is Irelands favourite ale, from a tradition of ale brewing founded in 1710.
Smithwick's was founded by John Smithwick in 1710. It was originally brewed in St. Francis Abbey Brewery in Kilkenny which is Ireland's oldest operating brewery. The brewery is situated on the site of a Franciscan Abbey where monks had brewed ale since the 14th century, and ruins of the original abbey still remain on its grounds. The old brewery has since been renovated and now stands "The Smithwick's Experience Kilkenny" visitor attraction and centre
In 1800, export sales began to fall and the brewing industry encountered difficulty. To combat this, the Smithwick family increased production in their maltings, began selling mineral water and delivered butter with the ale from the back of their drays."
Terms & Conditions
Things You Understand By Buying This Product
- I am responsible to ensure my gas and beer system is balanced correctly.
- I am responsible to ensure my gas and beer system is leak free.
- I am responsible for technical mistakes I may make with equipment.
- Keg dispense requires specialist equipment, reading, learning and listening.
- I agree to report any fault with this item within 2 working days of purchase.
- I agree to make every effort to return the item for inspection within 5 working days if there is a fault.